Staring at the Ceiling Fan

All that I can Think of...

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Sab Kuch Chaltha Hai..

The topic of discussion is telivison media.To be more specific, my area of interest in this post will be Advertisements.One learns from their mistakes,a sentence that not only have I have heard ‘n’ times over,I have also used it an equal number of times.But,this ever growing industry doesn’t seem to have heard of such a thing.

Ads,ads and more ads.We have ads which I don’t even think the director of the ad will want to watch.Let me enlighten you with a few of them.The one that I personally hate most is the Birla cement ad.A couple,riding a cycle, accidently rams into a lorry and apparently the cycle isn’t damaged while the poor lorry driver loses all but his steering wheel in the accident.Other than the steering wheel,the rest vanishes in thin air.The so called logic is that the cement that the couple were carrying,is the strongest.If this wasn’t digestive enough,then there’s what a few “very intelligent” people call Digestive Marie.It must be probably what Einstien felt when his theory of relativity was released.No takers.As a lesser mortal myself, all that I can think of is if I can’t digest the idea,how are we going to digest the product????

I can go on and on with examples that are wierder.Get creative is probably the first thing that is taught in a visual communication class.But that doesn’t mean forget reality or for that matter common sense.I believe, the companies buy such kinda crap because they believe in age old management theory of “There’s nothing called bad publicity”.So,all that will matter is the air time and not the idea that is shown.

Just a humble request though.Don’t put these ads on TV, between overs, when the whole nation watches India lose to Pakistan.As it is,emotions run high.Do you want to give us a heart attack???

akhi, 11:32 PM

0 Comments:

Add a comment