Staring at the Ceiling Fan

All that I can Think of...

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Finally,the Great Indian Divide Broken.

Well, well, well. The last two days could be nothing short of a revolution by velammal standards. Winds of change??? We can only hope against hope. I am talking about the two day workshop conducted by Wipro here on campus. It was what they called Talent transformation. Don’t actually think that it transformed me one bit but if you ask me was it fun, I would say “Hell yeah”.

The program was conducted to get the placed students have the feel of what corporate culture is. The setting was the awful ( so called ) auditorium, which like all other “monuments” in velammal, was perfectly cuboidal. One difference though. Unlike other buildings, it was not painted pink. The colleges which participated were Velammal, SVCE and VIT. One might think, with all the infrastructure that the participating colleges seem to have, why the hell did they have it here on this campus. Anyways, the wipro 2006 community from these colleges constituted about 100 very talented youngsters.

The day started late because although the attendance sheet had about 100 names, the strength was no bigger than 70.So,my colleagues, whose names were Sudip, Pandian and Robert decided to wait. After about an hour, they got the ball rolling. “The first rule”, as sudip put it, “No girl will sit near another girl and vice versa”. I could imagine my chairman’s shell shocked face if he ever heard such a sentence ( A “great” man who’s latest brainwave is to build a separate girls CANTEEN.). There began two days of mayhem. People doing things that I don’t even think drunk people would agree to. I have heard cut throat competition. But never thought I would find it when future software engineers play Rock, Paper , Scissors.

Sudip is complete fun. The problem begins only when Pandian comes into the picture. His language was amazing. But his side of the coin involved telling people how many generators and tubelights Wipro had ( just before lunch ).So, you can imagine what I am talking about. They, together, talked about everything under the sun from Sudip sitting on a grave smoking cigarette to what the Wipro symbol meant. The guys that I met there were amazing people.All in all, a couple of days noone would wanna miss out on.Exceptions always exist.There was this guy who had something very “important” to do .So he bunked.Thanks to the Deccan chronicle “party whirl”, I got to the bottom of the mystery. The reason : He won a slogan competition and had a date with none other than Asin for Valentine’s.Looking forward to a lot more fun when I finally get out of jail and start applying thought.

akhi, 11:30 PM

0 Comments:

Add a comment