Staring at the Ceiling Fan

All that I can Think of...

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Blame the “The Shawshank Redemption”

A warning to people reading this…This ain’t like my usual posts. A lot of sense maybe.

What do I write about……as I couldn’t think of something big or funny to write about, I thought why not dedicate this post to my friends who have had a great impact on me. All the guys at velammal who have made my life much better than what it should have been, all my friends from SRM who have made me a part of their community…the list is huge. Thought I would take this post to introduce a few of my friends, very old ones. Not gonna do it like a typical youngster saying he’s good with gals and stuff like that, gonna try doing it like a seasoned pro.

Let me start of with the one and only B a.k.a Ram. A typical Taurean (my opinion that is). Doesn’t matter how stuff revolves around him, how things change with time, he goes about it at his own pace. A person you can be assured will remain cool in the oddest situations. He plans stuff to perfection. Not the one to read between lines, Mr. Reliable.

Now to next one, Athreya. Sanjay S. Athreya. I would wanna say he’s bubbly, most of the time he is, but then there are times you know… A typical Indian. He also plans stuff to perfection. Only difference is he’ll never execute it (Not even close to using the term “to perfection”). One guy, who like me, sits through the last night before the semester exam trying hard to do the impossible. Simply would go out of the way to help you out.

The third one, The BOSS, Vignesh. A believer of “Play while you play, work while you work”. Never says a word out of place. Very rarely do you see him making a mistake that actually matters. And because of all the above characteristics, his career curve is very different to all the rest of us. He’s on his way to the Stanford. Well, would say, I miss his jabber on the phone everyday but then as someone very intelligently put it,….

Some birds aren’t meant to be caged,
Their feathers are just too bright,
And when they fly away,
The part of you, that knows it was a sin to lock them up, does rejoice
But, still, the place you live in is that much more drab that they are gone
I guess, I just miss my friend…..

akhi, 11:26 PM

0 Comments:

Add a comment